Middle East Concern (MEC) was established in 1991 to defend the religious freedom of Christians in the Middle East and North Africa. Since that time MEC has published Annual Reports only for MEC member organisations and member individuals. However, for the first time MEC is now making a version of the MEC Annual Report publicly available.
If you would like to download the PDF file of the MEC Annual Report for 2016, it is available via the Resources page of the MEC web site (meconcern.org/resources) at:
The 31-page MEC Annual Report 2016 includes:
- an overview of the Middle East and North Africa region – and how the regional situation affected Christian communities
- analysis of trends – in countries, in themes and in numbers
- assessment of MEC’s impact
- details of MEC staff, travel and finances
- sections on how MEC: assisted victims of persecution; challenged unjust laws, policies and attitudes; built support networks; and equipped Christians to face persecution
MAY BE CIRCULATED TO GENERAL MAILING LISTS, OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS, AS WELL AS TO THE PRESS FOR PUBLICATION CITING “MIDDLE EAST CONCERN” AS THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION.
that the MEC Annual Report will be widely used, and that it will help to provide a further boost for MEC’s efforts to defend the religious freedom of Christians in the region