|PRAYER REQUEST: Update #2 on 2 priests kidnapped in Mosul, Iraq|
On Tuesday (16th) and late on Friday (19th) we asked for prayer for Father Pius Affas (in his 60s) and Father Mazen Ishoa (in his 30s and ordained on 1st September) who were kidnapped in Mosul, northern Iraq, on Saturday (13th).
We are delighted to report that they were freed on Sunday morning (21st). The kidnappers released them in central Mosul and they simply took a taxi to the church.
Christians supporting these two priests thank all of us for their prayers. They request our continued prayers that:
* Fr. Affas and Fr. Ishoa will recover fully from the trauma of their ordeal
* Christians across Mosul and nearby will know the daily strengthening of Jesus to live wisely and without fear
* The kidnappers will know the truth of Jesus and respond to His love for them.
As we rejoice in the release of these two men, Christians in Iraq have requested our prayers following the kidnapping of another two Christians on Saturday (20th). The new incident also occurred in Mosul.
As with the two priests, a ransom has been demanded.
Christians in Iraq ask for our prayers that:
* These brothers in Jesus will be released soon
* Their families will know the peace and strengthening of Jesus each day
* Those associated with them will be granted the wisdom and godly courage they need for each day
* These kidnappers will know the truth of Jesus and respond to His love
Newer news items:
|Iran: Armenian pastor arrested in Tehran|
|Posted on 22nd May 2013|
|Egypt: Christian teacher faces court hearing following accusations of blasphemy|
|Posted on 16th May 2013|
|Syria: day of prayer called for Saturday 11th May|
|Posted on 9th May 2013|
|Iran: update #3 on Christians detained following church raid in December 2011|
|Posted on 7th May 2013|
|Iran: one believer released on bail, others remain detained|
|Posted on 3rd May 2013|