Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ, Prince of Peace
We have two items for prayer from the Gaza Strip.
Recall that Rami Ayyad, manager of the Bible Society Bookshop in Gaza was martyred in early October 2007 leaving a pregnant wife and two young sons. His widow Paulina gave birth to a daughter on 4th February. Sama, meaning heaven in Arabic, is a sister for George (3) and Wisam (1). Paulina left Gaza for a while but returned to be near her family.
We regret to report another violent attack on a Christian institution in Gaza. In the early morning of 15th February 14 armed men over powered two guards at the YMCA facility. The attackers planted explosives in the main office and the library. The former failed to explode. However, the bombs in the library caused extensive damage to the building and books. Nobody was injured.
Palestinian Christians thank us for our prayers. They ask that we continue praying that:
* Paulina will know the protection, provision and peace of Jesus each day
* George, Wisam and Sama will know the presence of their heavenly Father
* Christians in Gaza will be kept safe
* Bible Society and YMCA management will be clearly led by Spirit concerning care and support of their staff and the future of their ministries in Gaza
* The Christian community in Gaza will be empowered by the Spirit to live as God’s salt and light